Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Green Spaces and Red Things

There are many things that Great Britain does "great". At the top of my list are green spaces and red things.

The green space in London is beyond impressive. This city hosts the best parks/gardens I have ever experienced. Every chance I get - I head to one of London's Royal Parks (Regents, Hyde, Battersea, etc) to read or people watch. Not only are these parks spectacular and ridiculously well kept, they are filled with families and people enjoying their leisure time. These parks provide goal posts for football, plenty of benches to sit on or space to picnic and read, paths for runners and cyclists, and horseback trails for riders. It is a great escape.

The UK's global consciousness is everywhere on the TV and the Tube - and it is RED. RED things include - Amex cards, cell phones, Gap t-shirts, Armani sunglasses, Converse sneakers etc. When you purchase one of these items, a percentage goes to the The Global Fund - the world's leading funder of programs to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. I am hoping this a trend that will cross the pond. Check out www.joinred.com