Friday, September 22, 2006

It's Official

It's official . . . I am a Londoner, I got rained on today.

For past week it has been 75 -77 degrees, clear blue skies and sunny. I think I might have even gotten a little tan the last few days. So today, when I woke up and there were rain drops, I was genuinely excited. This is what I had been waiting for, the baptism if you will, my first day of notorious London rain.

I prepared myslef. I matched my rain coat, to my rain shoes, to my umbrella and I headed out. After about 10 minutes of walking to the tube in the rain - dodging what my flat mate refers to as "lakes disgused as puddles" - I had enough already, I was actually scouting to see when Noah's Arc would be picking me up. London was a world of walking umbrellas and relay races in and out of cabs. And then, later on, the sun appeared with blue skies. I had survived.

Growing up in New England I have experienced all types of weather, especially cold weather. So London rain is not really a big deal, but I still I feel I have accomplished something.