Welcome to my Flat
I have been in my flat for about 3 weeks now and it is finally starting to feel like a home. Or at least a home filled with entirely IKEA furniture. Which by the way, IKEA furniture is extremely challenging to put together for something that is packaged so well.The flat came with the dining room table, the couch, the mattresses etc, but the small things I made the trip on the Tube to IKEA to get the basics. Getting stuck in a turnstile with a box of wine glasses is not that fun and quite embarrassing actually.

So now we get to the grand tour of the flat. As you walk in, the kitchen is to your right. Kitchens in the UK and Europe in general tend not to be spacious. They are called "fitted" kitchens - which means they try and "fit" all kitchen appliances into a closet size space. Kind-of Beacon Hill- esque. Luckily, we have a slightly larger fitted kitchen so there is space to move and cook (which I do very little of).
To the right of the kitchen is the living room (two pictures below). This is where I spend my nights slaving away studying - or I entertain when I have people over for "housewarming parties".
To the back of the flat are two bedrooms, as you can see in the picture above, I went with the blue theme in mine.
Welcome to my flat. I hope you enjoyed the tour.
<< Home