Bridget Jones Thanksgiving
Happy Thanksgiving! This year Thanksgiving is a little different for me. First off, I am in London, where everyone thought I was buying my Turkey early for Christmas. Second, I am cooking, something I have never attempted before.
Normally, I would be just getting out of bed, hungover, from the usually festivities of joining up with highschool friends to go into Boston to see all the people we went to highschool with at Cask'n Flagon in Fenway. Usually it starts out at someones Boston apartment and then we debate whether or not we go through all the small talk of what we are up to these days with people we have not seen in a year or two. In the end, we always end up going.
However, this year, I spent last night watching Bridget Jones's Diary while peeling carrots and prepping for my big feast. As it goes in the movie . . . "I celebrating by cooking a birhtday feast for close friends, have a sneaking suspicion I am also something of a genious in the kitchen a well." For me it is Thankgiving for 18 friends and I am debating whether or not I can use a cooking rack as a roasting rack for the Turkey.
Conviently I have wireless internet in my flat, a laptop, and Martha Stuart my new pal, has step by step videos on how to do a "Martha Stuart" thanksgiving. I wonder what she things about the cooling rack vs roasting rack debate?
So I am off to start the cooking festivities . . . . miss you all!
Normally, I would be just getting out of bed, hungover, from the usually festivities of joining up with highschool friends to go into Boston to see all the people we went to highschool with at Cask'n Flagon in Fenway. Usually it starts out at someones Boston apartment and then we debate whether or not we go through all the small talk of what we are up to these days with people we have not seen in a year or two. In the end, we always end up going.
However, this year, I spent last night watching Bridget Jones's Diary while peeling carrots and prepping for my big feast. As it goes in the movie . . . "I celebrating by cooking a birhtday feast for close friends, have a sneaking suspicion I am also something of a genious in the kitchen a well." For me it is Thankgiving for 18 friends and I am debating whether or not I can use a cooking rack as a roasting rack for the Turkey.
Conviently I have wireless internet in my flat, a laptop, and Martha Stuart my new pal, has step by step videos on how to do a "Martha Stuart" thanksgiving. I wonder what she things about the cooling rack vs roasting rack debate?
So I am off to start the cooking festivities . . . . miss you all!
<< Home