Cardigans or H&M Crop Tops?
My idea of dressing up to go clubbing is a black v-neck fitted top . . .sometimes I mix it up and wear short sleeves or a brown one. In the
However, in
As it turns out, when British women compliment you (American girls) on our clothing it is a nice way of saying “finally you have caught on . . . monotones and cardigans are juts not stylish”.
Almost anything goes in
Kind of torn about my clothing choice, I was observing what the European girls where wearing . . . not one cardigan . . .the room was full of bright colors, stripes, polkadots, patterned tights, Kelly green pumps, every type of boot every made and even floral patterns . . . and then I saw . . .. A beige CARDIGAN! And not just the Cardigan, but a CARDIGAN SET! From her accent she was clearly British . . . .however, she was the professor.
So tonight, we - the post grad program- have a dressy event. To which I am wearing the very American black long-sleeve, Banana Republic wrap dress with Banana Republic black pumps. I do own patterned tights (thanks mom) and even some funky jewelry (thanks to my friends). But I just know I will be walking out the door tonight with my straight black nylons and classic silver chandelier earrings.
p.s. my other American friend told me today she is very excited to dress up . . . .she is wearing a black cocktail dress and probably straight black nylons as well.
<< Home