Quick Note on Sterling
One of the greatest joys in life is finding money in your pockets. Even a denomination as small as a dollar brings a smile to your face. It is just such a nice surprise.
Yesterday, I had such luck. I went to put my library card in my back pocket and I pulled out a bill. In those quick seconds where I realized I found money, I hoped it was a 20 pound note . . . and it was! except, it was a 20 US dollar bill.
Now this would be gold in the US. But here in the UK, when I saw the note was green and did not have the beloved Queens portrait on it. . . I was a little disappointed. Having no use for US currency in London I brought it to the bank and exchanged the $20 USD for 9.34 GBP.
Yup the pound has edged over $2. What would have bought me 5 beers in the US barley covered 2 here. Either way though, my disappointment did not last long. It was still 9.34 GBP that I did not have before.
Yesterday, I had such luck. I went to put my library card in my back pocket and I pulled out a bill. In those quick seconds where I realized I found money, I hoped it was a 20 pound note . . . and it was! except, it was a 20 US dollar bill.
Now this would be gold in the US. But here in the UK, when I saw the note was green and did not have the beloved Queens portrait on it. . . I was a little disappointed. Having no use for US currency in London I brought it to the bank and exchanged the $20 USD for 9.34 GBP.
Yup the pound has edged over $2. What would have bought me 5 beers in the US barley covered 2 here. Either way though, my disappointment did not last long. It was still 9.34 GBP that I did not have before.
<< Home