Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am back.

Dear former “shouts from across the pond” readers,


I am back. However, this time, I am across the pond and a little farther south.For those of you Londoners reading this for the first time . . . yes, I blogged about you all year long and even posted your photos. Once again, I will be informally documenting my experience in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as a way to best keep in contact with family and friends.


On a side note, I came across this quote I saw on a monastery while trekking in India and I believe it really speaks to my last year and decision to spend the year(s) ahead in Africa.


“May the travelers upon the road find happiness no matter where they go, and may they gain, without the need of toll, the goals on which they set their hearts.”


So where exactly am I?

For larger map: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/africa/